Privacy Impact Assessments – A Structured Method [Deferred]
Date(s) - 23/05/2019
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Maldron Hotel, Smithfield
Join Castlebridge in the Maldron Hotel, Smithfield, Dublin 7 for an intensive half-day course that will walk you through our methodology for Privacy Impact Assessments. This methodology is the basis of the Ethical Information Management Assessment approach featured in Ethical Data & Information Management.
Delegates will learn:
- The core concepts of Privacy by Design
- Fundamental principles of Privacy Engineering
- A simple methodology to help frame the questions you need to ask in a Privacy Impact Assessment
- The types of questions you need to be asking at each stage in the process
- Methods and frameworks for assessing risks to fundamental rights and freedoms and documenting rationales
- The importance of Root Cause Analysis to understanding and definining remedial actions in the planning phase
- The relationship between Privacy Impact Assessments and other Data Governance, Data Quality, and risk management frameworks your organisation might apply.
- Understand the relationship between PIAs and Ethical Information Management
Delegates will also learn about key principles and best practices for getting long term benefit from a PIA library in your organisation and integrating PIA methods into your day to day operational processes.
This course is appropriate for DPOs, Data Managers, Data Analysts, or any one in a business role who is trying to get to grips with governing the personal data in their organisation.