Data Protection Refresher for DPOs (half-day remote seminar)
Introduction and Purpose
Two years into the full implementation of GDPR as the main regulatory driver for Data Protection compliance, the understanding of requirements for compliance has been updated significantly through clarifications on interpretation and implementation. This seminar offers Data Protection Officers pragmatic and practical knowledge for continuing development of their professional skills to meet the requirements of their role. The seminar provides an up to date review of legislation and its interpretation as refined through regulatory guidance and enforcement, and European Courts of Justice decisions. Special attention will be given to common aspects of organisational governance, communication, and culture change faced by DPOs in their organisations.
Delegates will be updated on
- An overview and update of the relevant legislation and guidances
- Key updates in interpretation and CJEU rulings
- Significance of key regulatory enforcement actions
- The role of the DPO in the legislation
- The practical challenges for a DPO in the governance structure of the organisation
- Core data governance principles for DPOs
- Practical pointers for how to ensure the independence of the DPO on a day to day basis
- Some practical case study examples of DPO challenges and opportunities.
Training will be delivered through a ½ day online instructor-led seminar. Delegates will receive a certificate evidencing their attendance and the content covered for their own Continuous Professional Development records.