About the Role
Do you have an interest in data? Are you someone who wants to help organizations do great things with data, in a sustainable, trustworthy, and responsible way? Do you want to help organisations of all sizes manage critical information as an asset?
Castlebridge is looking for a candidate to join our team of consultants delivering a wide range of data protection, data strategy, and data governance advisory and support services to clients. This role will involve working directly with clients, on-site and remotely, as part of our Strategic Advisory Practice and as part of our outsourced Data Protection Officer team. You will assist clients with data protection impact assessments, managing and maintaining registers of processing activities, developing effective data strategies, and supporting governance frameworks, and supporting the development of data-literate organisation cultures.
The successful candidate will be working to help clients think differently about data, delivering market-leading data protection and data strategy solutions to our client base, which ranges from multinational companies, international bodies, SMEs, and Not-for-Profit organisations. You will be working with stakeholders at the highest levels in our clients, providing strategic data advisory support to the organisation leadership in delivering on their critical business objectives.
About you in the role
The successful candidate will be joining a team with a strong “connected working” culture which will give you the tools and supports to develop your data management, data protection, and data governance knowledge and expertise to help you understand and apply Castlebridge’s holistic approach to business-driven data strategy, governance, and compliance.
You will be an enthusiastic and motivated Consultant who will contribute to the development of the knowledge and skill of the team, the advancement of our methodologies and insights, and generally contributing to the success of the team.
What you’ll be doing
- Conducting data management and data protection capability maturity assessments for clients. Working with clients to identify key pain points in areas such as data quality, data protection, data governance, and data strategy.
- Demonstrate a rigorous and analytical approach to problem-solving. Working with clients to lead information gathering sessions. Preparing and delivering client presentations and work product.
- Building client relationships through clear and practical communication, pragmatic and actionable advice and guidance, and good management of projects and deliverables.
- Supporting clients as part of our Outsourced DPO/DPO support team
- Supporting multiple clients across a range of engagements and engagement types. Helping them to understand the impacts and implications of data protection and other regulatory requirements on their data strategy, governance, and data stewardship obligations. Assisting them develop and implement appropriate data governance, data management, and data strategy best practices and frameworks to ensure sustainable and compliant value delivery.
- Assisting in the development and delivery of training both to clients and internally.
- Contributing to Castlebridge insights, whitepapers, and research activities.
- Supporting Business Development activities, including developing tender responses and proposals for clients and attending pre-sales client meetings as required.
- Have a good understanding of the businesses’ products or services and be able to advise others about them
- Attend seminars, conferences, and events where appropriate
- A genuine interest in helping organisations meet or exceed their business objectives through effective and compliant use of data as an asset.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word (or similar)
- Understanding of, or experience, in data protection law and practice, data governance, data quality management, business process management, or organisational change management
- Proven experience in team working and team leadership
- Good personal organisation, self-motivation, and project management skills
- A passion for learning and developing new skills and insights.
- At least 2 years’ work experience in an office-type work environment, ideally one that supported remote working/teleworking, or 3 years’ experience in a dead-line driven, process focussed work environment.
- Desire to learn and grow.
- Must be able to travel to and work from client sites if required.
- A relevant data protection qualification, or evidence of working towards same. (Examples of relevant qualifications would include IAPP certification, Law Society of Ireland Data Protection Certificate, or similar), or relevant data management qualifications.
- Information Security experience or certifications
- You have at least one years’ experience working in an advisory, management, or coaching role. Ideally this would be in a data management or data protection context, in a large or small organisation
- You are confident presenting in front of audiences, either virtually or in person (or are willing to learn!)
- Ability to work in Irish language or another European Language would be advantageous.
Salary and Package
- Competitive salary based on the successful candidate’s experience.
- Remote working by default (minimum 1 day per month in Dublin Office)
- Pension scheme with employer contribution
- Bike to Work Scheme
Founded in 2009, Castlebridge is Ireland’s leading consultancy for business-driven data strategy, data protection, and data governance advice and training. Every day we help people do great things with data, unlocking the value in data assets in a sustainable, compliant, and ethical manner.
Taking our name from the birthplace of the Guinness Book of Records, we take a pragmatic and practical approach to client engagements, with an ethos of telling clients what they need to hear, providing objective and evidence-based assessments developed using proven and reliable methodologies.
We are based in Wexford and Dublin and are a “Connected Work”/remote work by default business.