About the Role
Do you want to have a lead role in supporting the growth of one of Ireland’s leading data protection and data governance consulting companies? Are you currently working in a sales or business development role but would like to develop experience in data protection, data governance, or the business side of data management and data transformation?
Castlebridge is looking for a candidate to join our team to support our consultants delivering a wide range of data protection, data strategy, and data governance advisory, training, and support services to clients. The focus of the Sales Executive role is to develop and lead the consulting sales account strategy in Castlebridge’s existing customers, develop and win market-making opportunities that enable transformational customer outcomes and drive commercial growth.
Castlebridge has grown over the last decade through worth of mouth, referrals, and a strong track record of successful tendering for public sector engagements. The key objective of the Sales Executive role is to build on this foundation to enable the organisation to develop new markets and to better serve our existing core customer base.
About you in the role
The successful candidate will be joining a team with a strong “connected working” culture. You will be an enthusiastic and motivated business development champion, bringing your experience in developing go-to-market strategies, business value selling, and strategic account management to bear to ensure that we are managing and developing our customer relationships in the most effective way to support the goals of our clients as well as our objectives as a business.
What you’ll be doing
- Strategy and Planning
- research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services – or new ways of reaching existing markets.
- understand the needs of our customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these
- develop the business sales and marketing strategy in collaboration with the COO and CEO
- Manage Customer Relationships
- Develop account vision and strategic approach in collaboration with the Engagement team and, where appropriate, the Senior Management team.
- generate leads and cold call prospective customers
- meet with customers/clients face to face or over the phone
- foster and develop relationships with customers/clients
- have a good understanding of the businesses’ products or services and be able to advise others about them
- attend seminars, conferences, and events where appropriate
- Support the Organisation
- think strategically – seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives to develop and improve the business
- work strategically – carrying out necessary planning to implement operational changes in consultation with the CEO and COO.
- seek ways of improving the way the business operates
- Business Value Selling
- Drive customer value conversations with customer stakeholders & develops transformational Consulting propositions with customers, aligned to customer business needs & priorities
- have a good understanding of our products or services and be able to advise others about them as part of a value-delivery proposition.
- Manage Deal Excellence
- help to plan sales campaigns
- create a sales pipeline
- Drive the sales cycle from lead qualification through to deal closure, effectively executing per selling processes & methods to drive deal velocity & successfully close deals
- negotiate pricing with customers, and suppliers in some cases
- increase sales of the business
- carry out sales forecasts and analysis and present your findings to senior management/the board of directors
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, IT, Law, or a related field AND at least 2 years’ experience in sales or business development role targeting the commercial or public sector.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word (or similar)
- Proven experience in team working and team leadership
- Good personal organisation, self-motivation, and project management skills
- Desire to learn and grow.
- Must be able to travel to client sites or other locations (e.g. conferences) if required.
- Knowledge or experience of data management, data governance, or data protection implementation in business.
- At least 1 years’ experience in consulting presales/solution sales.
Salary and Package
- Competitive salary based on the successful candidate’s experience.
- Remote working by default (minimum 1 day per month in Dublin Office)
- Pension scheme with employer contribution
- Bike to Work Scheme
Founded in 2009, Castlebridge is Ireland’s leading consultancy for business-driven data strategy, data protection, and data governance advice and training. Every day we help people do great things with data, unlocking the value in data assets in a sustainable, compliant, and ethical manner.
Taking our name from the birthplace of the Guinness Book of Records, we take a pragmatic and practical approach to client engagements, with an ethos of telling clients what they need to hear, providing objective and evidence-based assessments developed using proven and reliable methodologies.
We are based in Wexford and Dublin and are a “Connected Work”/remote work by default business.