This seminar is designed to provide practical guidance on the implications of recent CJEU rulings on international data flows for interpretation of General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation 2016/679/EU) and compliant cross border data transfers.
Learners will be familiarized with
- Governance and documentation of Joint Controller relationships
- Requirements for Data Processing Agreements
- The role of the European Commission in Adequacy Decisions and “safe country status”
- The role of EU Member State Data Protection Authorities in cross border data transfers
- Structured and Unstructured methods of lawful cross-border data transfers to 3rd countries outside of the EU
- CJEU definition of “adequate protections”
- Cross-Border Data Transfers to 3rd Countries post Schrems II”
- Assessing adequacy for Standard Contractual Clauses
Training will be delivered through a ½ day online instructor-led seminar. Delegates will receive a certificate evidencing their attendance and the content covered for their own Continuous Professional Development records.
Bookings are closed for this event.