GDPR Compliant CCTV for security administrators (half-day remote seminar)
Introduction and Purpose
This seminar is designed to provide practical guidance regarding the application of EU Data Protection law, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation 2016/679/EU) to the strategy, installation and management of Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) systems for private and public organisations. The course delivers a data subject-centric approach, introducing learners to:
- Core concepts of Human Rights in relation to Privacy and Data Protection
- Specific requirements for Transparency, Accountability and Governance
- Practical direction in the operational requirements of a compliant CCTV system.
Learners will be introduced to core principles of privacy and data protection and will be able to:
- Understand the history of surveillance in society
- Understand the seven principles of Privacy by Design
- Operationalise the concepts of Privacy by Design and Default and complete a Data Protection Impact Analysis for the use of CCTV systems
- Understand Data Subject rights
- Balance the need to protect people and property with the rights and freedoms of those being surveilled
- Identify the legal bases for CCTV surveillance
- Recognise unauthorised disclosure/processing and understand the associated sanctions and penalties
- Fully address a Subject Access Request.
The seminar will address theory and principles in the practical context of real-life scenarios.
Training will be delivered through a half-day online instructor-led seminar. Delegates will receive a certificate evidencing their attendance and the content covered for their own Continuous Professional Development records.