GDPR Compliant CCTV for security administrators (half-day remote seminar)
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Introduction and Purpose
This seminar is designed to provide practical guidance regarding the application of EU Data Protection law, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation 2016/679/EU) to the strategy, installation and management of Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) systems for private and public organisations. The course delivers a data subject-centric approach, introducing learners to:
- Core concepts of Human Rights in relation to Privacy and Data Protection
- Specific requirements for Transparency, Accountability and Governance
- Practical direction in the operational requirements of a compliant CCTV system.
Learners will be introduced to core principles of privacy and data protection and will be able to:
- Understand the history of surveillance in society
- Understand the seven principles of Privacy by Design
- Operationalise the concepts of Privacy by Design and Default and complete a Data Protection Impact Analysis for the use of CCTV systems
- Understand Data Subject rights
- Balance the need to protect people and property with the rights and freedoms of those being surveilled
- Identify the legal bases for CCTV surveillance
- Recognise unauthorised disclosure/processing and understand the associated sanctions and penalties
- Fully address a Subject Access Request.
The seminar will address theory and principles in the practical context of real-life scenarios.
Training will be delivered through a half-day online instructor-led seminar. Delegates will receive a certificate evidencing their attendance and the content covered for their own Continuous Professional Development records.