Data Sharing for Public Sector (half-day remote seminar)
Date(s) - 17/09/2020
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Introduction and Purpose
This course is an extended version of a session developed for the Data Protection Commission’s DPO Network Conference.
Data Sharing in the public sector presents unique challenges to governance and compliance. Challenges include ensuring appropriate and lawful data sharing across government departments and public sector organisations and sharing of personal data in the public sector. These challenges have become a particular focus of the Data Protection Commission in 2019 and 2020. This seminar is designed to prepare delegates to properly identify, plan for, and create a strategy for appropriate and lawful data sharing in the public sector.
Delegates will understand:
- Data Controller and Data Processor relationships
- Identifying Joint Controller relationships
- Requirements for Data Sharing Agreements
- Identifying a Lawful Basis for data sharing between public sector bodies
- Data Governance and Data Sharing
- The Bara Ruling
- The Data Sharing and Governance Act 2019.
Training will be delivered through a ½ day interactive online instructor-led seminar. Delegates will receive a certificate evidencing their attendance and the content covered for their own Continuous Professional Development records.