Data Governance Basics – All Sectors (half-day remote seminar)
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Introduction and Purpose
Information & Data Governance is a critical core skill set and discipline in business today. It is at the hub of a variety of other strategic and operational issues in organisations, including:
- Data Protection and Privacy (including privacy engineering and privacy by design)
- Information Security
- Data Quality
- Regulatory compliance obligations under an array of legal requirements.
Introduction to Data and Information Governance offers a pragmatic and practical understanding of the basics of Information & Data Governance. This half-day course provides an intense introduction into fundamental concepts, key models and frameworks. This course also provides pragmatic tools and techniques to develop a coherent Information and Data Governance strategy that helps align disparate driving forces in your organisation.
Learners will come away from the course with
- FIVE key diagrams every Data Governance Professional should be able to draw
- FOUR key roles we all play in relation to Information and Data
- THREE critical conversations you need to prepare for
- TWO fundamental areas of focus for EVERY Data Management Professional
- ONE Vision for Information & Data in your organisation.
Training will be delivered through a ½ day interactive seminar. Delegates will receive a certificate evidencing their attendance and the content covered for their own Continuous Professional Development records.