Date(s) - 07/10/2019
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Dublin Chamber of Commerce
Introduction and Purpose
This course is a practical intensive workshop, introducing theory, principles, and tools in the practical context of real-life scenarios.
Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA’s) are a core requirement in the General Data Protection Regulation, supporting a risk-based approach to compliance. They are also a valuable tool for planning, defining, and refining new ideas and projects to avoid problems, re-work, and wasted resources.
This workshop provides attendees with an in-depth and hands on grounding in the concepts involved in Data Protection Impact Assessments, a structured method to conduct DPIAs in a scalable manner, and insight into how these concepts relate to other principles and practices in Data Protection, Data Governance, and Information Quality Management.
Delegates will understand . . .
- What a Data Protection Impact Assessment is
- Differences between a Privacy Impact Assessment and a Data Protection Impact Assessment
- Why a Data Protection Impact Assessment is done
- When a DPIA is necessary / recommended
- A scalable structured method for conducting a DPIA
- Benefits to an organisation beyond Data Protection compliance that can come from a Data Protection Impact Assessment
The training requirements will be delivered through a half-day workshop-style session with questions and answers.
Bookings are closed for this event.