Advisory Services Consultant (Remote/Hybrid)
Looking for a data-passionate consultant/advisor who wants to apply their expertise in data protection, data governance, data strategy, or data quality across a range of industries, reporting into senior consulting team supporting business-side clients.
Castlebridge is seeking a motivated Advisory Services Consultant to support the delivery of Data Governance, Data Protection, and Data Strategy projects to clients across a range of sectors in Ireland and further afield.
This role will be primarily based in our Wexford HQ, as part of our hybrid/remote working policy. Successful applicants will be required to attend meetings and work a certain amount of time from our Wexford town offices.
About the Company
Since 2009, Castlebridge has been recognised as one of the premier consultancies for data strategy, data governance, and data protection. We work with clients to help change how people think about data.
We take a pragmatic and practical approach to client engagements, with a strong ethos of telling the client what they need to hear, providing objective, evidence-based assessments, applying proven and reliable methodologies, and delivering market leading expertise through our core team and our network of industry partners around the world.
Castlebridge is also a registered Research Organisation and collaborates extensively with universities in Ireland and abroad in research into the business side of data.
About the Role
This is a Consultant level role in Castlebridge’s existing Advisory Services team, working with clients to deliver a range of Data Strategy, Data Governance, and Data Protection related projects. The role will involve supporting clients in delivery engagements, maturity assessments and gap analysis, data strategy development, and assisting with our Outsourced DPO and CDO services for clients.
The successful applicant will be working with clients across a range of industry sectors and geographies, from small not-for-profit organisations in Ireland to public sector organisations and multinationals in Ireland and further afield.
You will be given the tools, support, and the space to be able to grow and develop your data protection knowledge and afforded the opportunity to expand both your own knowledge and that of the teams as well. You will be able to contribute directly to the success of the team by using your own initiative and will be rewarded for doing so.
The role available is at consultant level in the Data Advisory Services team. If you have the skills and desire to join us, this is an exciting opportunity to become involved in a rapidly growing area of professional services. The successful candidate will be part of a strong data governance consulting team working in a dynamic and ever-changing business and technology environment.
- Client-Side Delivery
- Reporting to the COO and to the Engagement Lead Consultant, you will work across multiple client engagements at any time, with a responsibility to assist in the planning, execution, and delivery of projects or operational support tasks as needed.
- Subject to satisfactory performance on assignments and completion of probation period, you may be assigned clients to manage directly as lead.
- Supporting all aspects of client engagements from scope to delivery, including development of client deliverables, solution plans, and drafting plans and reports as required.
- Concisely summarising results of analysis undertaken and recommendations for clients
- Delivery of training to clients or on behalf of clients as required
- Knowledge Development
- You will be responsible for engaging with the Senior Management Team to develop your own professional skills and competencies to deliver on agreed objectives.
- Developing the organisation’s broader knowledge and skill through research and development of methods and best practices.
- Contributing to development of Client knowledge through preparation of client guidance/advisory notes and whitepapers.
- Relationship Management and Business Development
- Liaise with and maintain contact with staff at all levels in client organisations
- Support business development, including assisting the preparation of proposals, tender responses, and engaging in pre-engagement meetings.
- Contribute to the creation of marketing content such as podcasts, blog posts, webinars, or whitepapers as requested.
You will have a genuine interest in helping organisations meet their data-driven objectives through practical advice, guidance, and proven methodologies.
You will be a self-starter who embraces a continuous improvement ethos and approaches challenges with a holistic mindset, looking for and finding connections between different aspects of the problem to unlock the solution.
You will be able to analyse complex information and identify key and relevant points, and you will be able to absorb and contextualise data and information from different sources to identify the core of an issue.
You will have strong analytical and problem solving skills, be a good communicator both orally, in writing, and in presentations. You will combine this with good project management and personal organisation skills.
- You will have at least 3 year’s work experience, at least one of which will be in a data-related advisory or consulting services role or in an in-house data protection or data management role.
- You will have experience working as part of a team but also in delivering projects on your own initiative.
- You will have a proven desire to learn, grown, and develop new skills in a fast paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology (IT), Law or related field
- 2 years’ experience in data protection, data governance operations, or data quality management
- Recognised certifications in Data Protection (e.g. CIPP/E, CIPM) or Data Management (e.g. DAMA CDMP)
- Familiarity with business-side implementing relevant data protection tools, data quality tools, data governance tools or similar such as Bizoneo, Collibra, OneTrust, Mega, Talend would be an advantage.
Salary & Benefits
The salary and benefits package for this role include:
- Salary negotiable, indicative range €35000 to €45000 depending on experience
- Employer contribution to pension after successful completion of probation period
- Bonuses paid for successful business development contributions
- Other benefits engage after successful completion of probation period
- Flexible working options (subject to client requirements)
Castlebridge will provide you with the support ensuring your personal development in helping you to advance your career – from mentoring, on-the-job experience, and further training opportunities.
The Data Protection Notice for our Recruitment Process can be found here.