Information Quality 101 Boot Camp
"Information Quality is a lot like Dr. Who's TARDIS. It is bigger on the inside" - J. Harris, OCDQBLOG.com
"Information Quality is not Data Cleansing - it is about adding value to the organisation" - Daragh O Brien
This tutorial is a compressed version of one of our longer professional certification syllabuses aimed at managers and staff looking to develop an understanding of what Information and Data Quality actually is and the breadth of skill and understanding that organisations need to bring to bear to dealing with the challenges and opportunities of Information and Data Quality. Knowing how to use software tools for Information Quality is only half the battle. Understanding Information Quality Management as a strategic management capability is the other key step organisations need to develop.
If you are looking for a taster of the "Body of Knowledge" for Information Quality Management this course is for you.
About the Course
This course has been developed to provide a "boot camp" grounding on a number of key topics in Information Quality Management. Learners will develop an understanding of fundamentals such as
- Understanding the Data/Information/Knowledge Hierarchy and how to communicate it
- Understanding what Information Quality is, and what Quality Information is
- An overview of core fundamental Quality Principles which are applied to Information
- The role of Process thinking and Process Management in Quality of Information
- How to identify the drivers for Information Quality in your organisation
- Measurement of Quality and how to use that to support the management of Change
- The Pyschology of Information Quality
- Common Opportunities for Failure
Your tutor will be Daragh O Brien, MD of Castlebridge Associates. Daragh is a recognised thought leader in the Information Quality profession, and has contributed to the development of professional certification in Information Quality world-wide. He is also the author of two books on Information Quality and Data Governance.
Preferred Entry Level
This tutorial is aimed at business analsysts, business managers, data protection professionals, Risk managers, IT developers and anyone involved in the management, design, or change of Information Quality processes and policies
- Classroom based - 6 hours with printed training materials, and light refreshments
- Online Instructor lead training - 6 x 90 minute tutorials over six weeks. Materials provided electronically, hard copy can be purchased separately
This tutorial will give up to six (6) CPD points for relevant professional bodies based on a core 6 hours of tuition.
Opportunities for Further learning
Attendees at this tutorial may chose to develop skills in Information Quality Management thorugh our FETAC certified course or our IQCP Certification course. Attendees on this course can avail of a discount on either of these more advanced courses.